Finally out of SJ this morning at o'dark 30... 6:00 am by the clock.
I can never see SJ again and be OK with that. Dirty, depressing town. People come here for this??? Nah....
We flew to Fortuna, up by the active volcano, via Liberia, over on the western, Pacific, coast. Welllll...we flew part way there... When we readied for takeoff for the 20 minute flight to Arenal/Fortuna the pilot said, quoting "We're going to fly kind of towards Arenal....but the weather is bad and we'll probably have to go back to SJ instead!!!"
See, we're flying instead of taking a scenic 3 hour drive because, well.. it's a 3 hour drive through beautiful rainforest. Now, my somewhat tentative around small planes in the best of times companion, reasons that we'll impact things other than raindrops if we fly and decides a 3 hour drive through beautiful rainforest on THIS side of the country is a pretty damn cool plan. Hey, me too!! So drive we did...
I saw farm and ranch country, carts pulled by 2 oxen and a driver standing barefoot in the back. I saw and shopped in tiny villages.."¿por favor senora, tienes papell de tobacco? ¿ si? Bueno, uno, por favor".
I saw a number of REAL caballeros, not the SD wannabe's, moving cattle. I love this place.
Then around noon we were at Tabacon Resort Spa. WOW! More about that later.
No comments:
Post a Comment